For performing the HTM 01-05 Protein Residue Test.
Available in packs of 25, 50 and 100 test pens.
Scroll down for further information on prosduct features as well as when and how to test in accordance with HTM 01-05
Additional InformationRelated downloads
Further Information >
Reasons Why the Test May Fail
Should the test fail a re-test should be performed. If the test fails a second time, a diagnosis of both the method of cleaning and method of testing is required.
The compliance team at Isopharm is also available to discuss the test and test method.
Possible fail reasons for a Protein Residue Test are:
Diagnosing the Method of Cleaning
- Detergent residue may present a false positive. This is usually caused when the detergent used has been changed but the level of dosing has not.
- Instruments handled excessively during testing may cause a false positive. Gloves should always be worn when performing a protein residue test.
- In some cases it may be that the machine under test is not working correctly and an engineer may be required to diagnose further.
Diagnosing the Method of Test
- Check that the test product used is within the expiry date provided.
- Check what was used to moisten the swab. Tap water may present a false positive result. Always use Clean-Trace moisturiser as this has been validated for use within the test.
- Gloves should always be worn when performing a protein residue test as this reduces the amount of contaminant from handling the test products.
Cleantrace Sensitive Protein Residue Tests
£62.70 – £231.00excl VAT
High sensitivity protein pens that help provide evidence of validating a cleaning process.
Clean-Trace protein tests can be used to check instruments that have been processed prior to sterilisation.
Clean-Trace Protein tests are:
- Easy to use – Can be performed with minimal training.
- Rapid – Results available in 15 minutes when used with an incubator.
- Simple – Visual reading of colour change and interpretation of results.
- Sensitive – Measures down to 3Î¼g of protein when used with an incubator.